[yocto] nfs-boot problem

Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com
Wed Dec 10 04:27:57 PST 2014

Ah, ok , thank you.

> If you don't know about this, it's quite likely you don't have to bother with
> this at the moment.

Ok ;-)

> > > Thus, you really should be using the tarball when you want to run an
> nfsroot.
>
> > Tried again but again it didn't work, do you have an idea what could be
> wrong ?
>
> What steps have you taken?
>
> How have you unpacked and exported the rootfs?
>
> If you have export e.g. /export/rootfs, it's usually enough (for a simple image
> at least) to run `sudo tar xf ....rootfs.tar.bz2`.

I did unpack and copy to correct location but didn't know I'd have to re-run "exportfs" after changing the directory (I just switched a link from the other working-but-not-advisable-rootfs to the unpacked tar.bz2 ). After doing so it works, thank you !
I only have some permission issues left, don't know if they are important :

INIT: version 2.88 booting
Starting udev
udevd[171]: starting version 182
bootlogd: cannot allocate pseudo tty: No such file or directory
Populating dev cache
mv: can't preserve ownership of '/etc/udev/cache.data': Operation not permitted
INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
Configuring network interfaces... ifup skipped for nfsroot interface eth0
run-parts: /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/nfsroot exited with code 1
Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshd
  generating ssh RSA key...
  generating ssh ECDSA key...
  generating ssh DSA key...
  generating ssh ED25519 key...
done.
Starting rpcbind daemon...done.
creating NFS state directory: chown: sm: Operation not permitted
chown: sm.bak: Operation not permitted
chown: statd: Operation not permitted
chown: /var/lib/nfs: Operation not permitted
done
starting statd: done
Starting syslogd/klogd: done

Poky (Yocto Project Reference Distro) 1.7 wandboard-quad /dev/ttymxc0

wandboard-quad login:

> Cheers,
> Anders
> --