[yocto] nfs-boot problem

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Wed Dec 10 03:16:51 PST 2014

* Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com <Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com> [141210 11:48]:

Well, nowadays most people are letting the kernel create the device
nodes itself (possibly with some extra help from udev/mdev). Though, on
really tiny systems you might still want to manually create all device
nodes statically during image create time. In that special case, the
device node names will be available in the build directory .../rootfs,
but they will be regular files, not device nodes.

If you don't know about this, it's quite likely you don't have to bother
with this at the moment.

> > Thus, you really should be using the tarball when you want to run an nfsroot.

> Tried again but again it didn't work, do you have an idea what could be wrong ?

What steps have you taken?

How have you unpacked and exported the rootfs?

If you have export e.g. /export/rootfs, it's usually enough (for a
simple image at least) to run `sudo tar xf ....rootfs.tar.bz2`.

Cheers,
Anders
--
Anders Darander