[yocto] Conditional patching in a recipe

zhenhua.luo at freescale.com zhenhua.luo at freescale.com
Wed Dec 10 01:48:02 PST 2014

Hi all,

I have a recipe R that builds fine and is a runtime dependency for two other packages - say D1 and D2.

What I would like to do is to add a patch to R and apply it if and only if both D1 and D2 will be built and packaged. In particular, the patch is needed at runtime only by D2 and D1 doesn't care. However, if only D1 is packaged, there should be no additional patch.

The closest solution to this that I could think of is to create

R1=copy(R) that will be a patched runtime dependency for D2. Then, R1 will be marked as RREPLACE and RCONFLICTS R.

Is this the right approach? Are there other solutions?

Best Regards,

Zhenhua