[yocto] i.MX6Q - Adding Touch Support (YOCTO + QML + TSLIB + QT 5)

Daniel Oliveira drawnpoetry at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 00:51:48 PST 2014

Hi guys.

In the last week I'm trying to to add support to the LCD touchscreen in my
SABRE platform. The aim is to use QML based applications with touch
support. Below is the steps about what I have already tried and information
about the environment that is being used:

   - Toolchain: YOCTO on dizzy branch with the attached *local.conf*
    configuration.
   - Linux: kernel version 3.10.17
   - QT 5 to cross-compile QML applications
   - Board reference: MCIMX6Q-SDB (
   http://pt.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Freescale-Semiconductor/MCIMX6Q-SDP/?qs=WK5jcYtKv2mqpYdhkXj9Wg%3D%3D
   )
   - Display connected throught LVDS
   - No weston-wayland or X11 support
   - TSLIB support as you can see in the Local.conf file

   1. After the image bitbaike, I boot the board with the SD card and I
   configure all the TSLIB necessary environment variables:
      -

      export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib
      -

      export TSLIB_TSEVENTTYPE=INPUT
      -

      export QTDIR=/usr/bin/qt
      -

      export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=tslib:/dev/input/event0
      -

      export TSLIB_CONSOLEDEVICE=none
      -

      export TSLIB_FBDEVICE=/dev/fb0
      -

      export TSLIB_CALIBFILE=/etc/pointercal
      -

      export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0
      -

      export QWS_DISPLAY=LinuxFB:mmWidth=800:mmHeight=48
      -

      export TSLIB_CONFFILE=/etc/ts.conf
      -

      export TSLIB_PLUGINDIR=/usr/lib/ts
      2.

   The configuration of the file* ts.conf* can also be seen in the attached
   file.

   Before running QtCinematicExperience I try to calibrate the touchscreen
   by using the ts_calibrate utility but the thing is that I dont receive any
   output. But the strange is that when I do "cat /dev/input/even0 | hexdump"
   command and I press the display I can see output from the touched points.

   I also try after this procedure to run QtCinematicExperience application
   by performing "QtCinematicExperience -platform eglfs -plugin tslib". The
   application runs but the touch is also not working.

   Besides, I have also try to cross-compile a QML application and run it
   in the board successfully but again the touch does not work.

   Anyone can give any inside which can be the problem?

   Best Regards.