[yocto] Custom recipe not working with 1.7.0 any more

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Dec 1 08:10:23 PST 2014

On 1 December 2014 at 15:45, Jens Lucius <incnews at jenslucius.de> wrote:

> do_configure_prepend () {
>         echo "#define PJMEDIA_AUDIO_DEV_HAS_ALSA       1" >
> pjlib/include/pj/config_site.h
>         echo "#define PJMEDIA_AUDIO_DEV_HAS_PORTAUDIO  0" >>
> pjlib/include/pj/config_site.h
> }
>
> Does complain about not finding the directory. Seems the work is not done
> from within the work directory any more?
>
> I fixed the path with a ${S} but then I ran into the next issue:
>
> The content of the configure command is a "./aconfigure" which is also not
> working any more (because we are in the wrong dir?).

My suspicion is that you're inheriting autotools.  With the latest release,
autotools.bbclass does out-of-tree builds by default (and provides
autotools-brokensep.bbclass for recipes which are broken with respect to
out-of-tree builds).

This means that many tasks are executed in $B which is not the same as $S
anymore, so your configure task should be using ${S} in the paths.

That said you also say that your configure command is "./aconfigure", so it
sounds like you shouldn't be inheriting autotools at all.

Ross