[yocto] how to start with custom interface/driver

Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com Matthias.Heise at atlas-elektronik.com
Mon Dec 1 05:16:43 PST 2014

Hi all,

I'm aware of the fact, that this is probably not the right point to ask, but maybe you still can give me some hints and/or point me to the right place to ask.
What I would like to  do is to connect a certain interface-chip to the freescale imx6. I have a wandboard which doesn't use it, a new interface card could be made. The idea would be to use the flash interface as it provides data and address lines (so one could directly address the chip), a driver (x86) for that interface chip exists. So the task would be to have the driver control the chip via this certain interface and then incorporate this in a yocto-linux environment.
Any help and hint would be appreciated,
Thank you very much,
Regards,
Mat