[yocto] bitbake svn fetch download folder conflicts

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Fri Aug 29 04:56:22 PDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Thomas Roos <thomas at roosesweb.de> wrote:
> Hi, I have several recipes checkout from one svn repo (same and other
> subfolders) - there are sometimes svn command conflicts. I guess it's
> because all svn data is stored in ONE FOLDER eg.
> downloads/svn/ip/reponame/folder and concurred svn command instances
> access this folder at the same time.
> Is there an solution for this?For instance an parameter to specify a
> tmp folder for an svn repo. Or global option to store svn repos
> locally by recipe names they used in.
> any help would be wonderful!
> thank you, cheers Thomas
>
> P.S: think of same svn subfolders with different revisions as well!!!

not a very helpful answer... but i have faced the same issue and just
created artificial dependencies to avoid the 2 fetch tasks to run
concurrently... e.g. if x.bb and y.bb both fetch from same SVN repo,
in y.bb:

do_fetch[depends] += "x:do_fetch"

it's a poor's man workaround... but that might help..

cheers