[yocto] mpc8315e-rdb is probably a poor choice as powerpc example...

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 07:05:14 PDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 7:30 AM, Bob Cochran <yocto at mindchasers.com> wrote:
> As most of you know, the mpc8315e-rdb is the powerpc reference platform in
> meta-yocto-bsp.  This is old technology and not a good representative of
> QorIQ.

We've been working with FSL to find a suitable replacement for some time, and
the discussions were happening in the sprint, but stalled for the summer months.

> I suggest something from the P or T family be used.  The P1010RDB is
> probably a good choice, but others may prefer an SMP machine.

The choice is equally about the machine and about the ability to purchase the
target at a reasonable price. We don't use hard to find, or expensive boards.

So if you do have specific suggestions, and purchase information, send it along
and it can be rolled into the ongoing discussions.

Bruce

> I'm willing to help to make it happen.
>
> Bob

thee at its end"