[yocto] Question about remote debugging via gdbserver

Federico Vitali fede.vitali at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 09:27:54 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if it is possible to debug an installed library on the target
via gdbserver.
I try to explain: suppose that I'm developing an application using
gstreamel libraries.

I set up eclipse / gdb to work with my target on the network. When I reach
a gst funciont
(e.g. gst_init) I would like to jump into the line of code of gstreamer
which implements
that function. Is there a way to instruct eclipse to fetch symbols and
sources from local filesystem,
eg:

symbols:
/opt/poky/1.5.1/sysroots/armv6-vfp-poky-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/.debug/libgstbase-0.10.so.0.30.0
sources: /usr/src/debug/gstreamer/0.10.36-r2/gstreamer-0.10.36/

Thank you in advance!

Federico