[yocto] installing external rpm

Zubrick zubrick at number6.ch
Mon Sep 30 04:06:45 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm migrating from yocto 1.2 to yocto 1.4.2 and have some external
prebuilt rpm to install in the rootfs.
On 1.2 I used to add a bb file with a RPROVIDES containing all the
packages I want to install,placing them in the deploy rpm directory and
add them in my IMAGE_INSTALL variable.
But with 1.4.2, it doesn't install them without saying anything.
I tried patching with this: http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/34635/
but it didn't change anything. I also tried invoking smart directly in a
ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND.
In the logs it says it will install the packages that he found correctly
in the repo, but nothing is really installed, and nothing is in the
logs, even in verbose mode.

Anyone has an idea on how to proceed?

Thanks

Zubrick