[yocto] Question about DEPENDS and eg. DEPENDS_class-native

Hans Beckerus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 10:10:23 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-26 2:41, Hans Beckérus wrote:
> Hi. Browsing through the existing recipes really did not answer this
> since I have no clue what was the initial intent.
> So my quick question is if a .inc file has a DEPENDS = "foo" and a
> recipe that includes it has DEPENDS_class-native = "fee", will the
> resulting depend be merged from the two or will DEPENDS_class-native
> completely override DEPENDS? If it overrides, is the correct way to
> merge them to do DEPENDS_append_class-native = "fee"?
Ok, this one I managed to figure out by doing some trial and error.
What I have learned from that exercise is that if you wish to extend DEPENDS specifically you need to do DEPENDS_append_class-native = " <pkg>"
Doing DEPENDS_class-native = "<pkg> will override DEPENDS completely for native builds. Please correct me if I am wrong.