[yocto] Question about DEPENDS and eg. DEPENDS_class-native

Hans Beckérus hans.beckerus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 05:41:44 PDT 2013

Hi. Browsing through the existing recipes really did not answer this
since I have no clue what was the initial intent.
So my quick question is if a .inc file has a DEPENDS = "foo" and a
recipe that includes it has DEPENDS_class-native = "fee", will the
resulting depend be merged from the two or will DEPENDS_class-native
completely override DEPENDS? If it overrides, is the correct way to
merge them to do DEPENDS_append_class-native = "fee"?

Thanks.
Hans