[yocto] Configuring linux-yocto-custom to build specific kernel modules

John Doe xertz.yocto at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 09:05:00 PDT 2013

> Is your kernel already building from linux-yocto-custom ? Or are you
> using the default linux-yocto kernel and recipes already ?

I have a project that is using linux-yocto-custom and another project
which is using the default linux-yocto kernel.

> If you are using one of the standard qemu machines, or a BSP that
> is already working with linux-yocto*, you can simply enable the module
> by creating a configuration fragment, and putting it on the SRC_URI.

The problem is that I can not find the driver (rtl8187 under
drivers/net/wireless/rtl818x) in the menuconfig. It seems all device
drivers are missing despite them being in the repository or tarball.

Cheers