[yocto] Configuring linux-yocto-custom to build specific kernel modules

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Fri Sep 20 12:56:20 PDT 2013

On 13-09-20 03:53 PM, John Doe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how I can build a specific kernel module (one that
> is already in the linux kernel). Do I have to create a custom bitbake
> recipe for the module or can I simply configure linux-yocto-custom?

Is your kernel already building from linux-yocto-custom ? Or are you
using the default linux-yocto kernel and recipes already ?

If you are using one of the standard qemu machines, or a BSP that
is already working with linux-yocto*, you can simply enable the module
by creating a configuration fragment, and putting it on the SRC_URI.

config fragments and how to add them to the SRC_URI are covered in
the kernel development manuals found off the yocto site.

Cheers,

Bruce