[yocto] Identify Target for a given binary

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Sep 16 16:53:04 PDT 2013

On 17 September 2013 00:49, Brad Litterell <brad at evidence.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to rebuild uImage into my deploy folder (minimally) and so I
> tried:
>
> bitbake linux-am335x-psp -c clean
> bitbake linux-am335x-psp
>
> This works great for most of my recipes, but for the kernel something odd is
> happening.  I keep getting a uImage with an old date in my deploy folder so
> it appears that the file is being cached somewhere.
>
> If I perform a -c cleanall it works, but then the entire project is
> redownloaded over git which is rather slow.

You're looking for -c cleansstate ("clean shared state") which deletes
the recipe's work directory and the shared state cache but not the
downloaded sources.  The shared state cache is what is being pulled
from when you just do a clean and rebuild (assuming nothing changed
that would cause a rebuild).

Ross