[yocto] How to find the source of a variable value?

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 16 11:59:15 PDT 2013

> From: Burton, Ross
>
> The default DISTRO_FEATURES includes x11, so that's where it's coming
> from.  If you're using oe-core/poky from git master, you can do
> DISTRO_FEATURES_remove="x11" in your configuration, or else you'll
> need to set DISTRO_FEATURES to the current value, minus x11.

Thanks, but that doesn't work. I still get the same error messages. In the
bitbake -e output I can see my entry:

# DISTRO_FEATURES_remove=x11
DISTRO_FEATURES_remove="x11"

and I can see the same old DISTRO_FEATURES further down:

# DISTRO_FEATURES=alsa argp bluetooth ext2 irda largefile
pcmcia usbgadget usbhost wifi xattr nfs zeroconf pci 3g
x11 ${DISTRO_FEATURES_LIBC} largefile
opengl${@oe.utils.features_backfill("DISTRO_FEATURES",d)}
DISTRO_FEATURES="alsa argp bluetooth ext2 irda largefile
pcmcia usbgadget usbhost wifi xattr nfs zeroconf pci 3g
x11 ipv4 ipv6 libc-backtrace libc-big-macros libc-bsd
libc-cxx-tests libc-catgets libc-charsets libc-crypt
libc-crypt-ufc libc-db-aliases libc-envz libc-fcvt
libc-fmtmsg libc-fstab libc-ftraverse
libc-getlogin libc-idn libc-inet-anl libc-libm
libc-libm-big libc-locales libc-locale-code
libc-memusage libc-nis libc-nsswitch libc-rcmd
libc-rtld-debug libc-spawn libc-streams libc-sunrpc
libc-utmp libc-utmpx libc-wordexp libc-posix-clang-wchar
libc-posix-regexp libc-posix-regexp-glibc
libc-posix-wchar-io largefile opengl pulseaudio"

Any other ideas?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com