[yocto] ruby-dev has a lot of unresolved dependencies (was : requires libcrypto which is not present ??)

JC jc at vtkloud.com
Sat Sep 7 05:52:48 PDT 2013

Hi,

I auto-follow on this question:

On 06/09/2013 17:51, JC wrote:

> I'm trying to install ruby-dev (in order to be able to apply some
> passenger features). Passenger requires ruby-dev
>
> ruby-dev has indeed been built but when I'm trying to install it, I
> can't:
>
> root at qemuarm:~# smart install ruby-dev
> rpmdb: BDB0113 Thread/proc
> Computing transaction...
> error: Can't install ruby-dev-1.9.3+p194-r1.0 at armv5te: no package
> provides libcrypto-dev

libcrypto-dev is not present because openssl does not generate it (it's
empty, the lib is taken by libcrypto package)
I hacked (may be I'll clean) it by modifying the openssl recipe allowing
libcrypto-dev to be empty.

Then I ran into the same error with libssl-dev so the "hack" is now :

PACKAGES =+ " libcrypto-dev  libssl-dev"
ALLOW_EMPTY_libcrypto-dev = "1"
ALLOW_EMPTY_libssl-dev = "1"

Now the next error is :
Computing transaction...error: Can't install
ruby-dev-1.9.3+p194-r1.0 at armv5te: no package provides ncurses-libtinfo-dev

That one is trickier. It seems that libtinfo is provided by the package
ncurses-terminfo, not ncurses-libtinfo.

I'm really confused about the status of meta-ruby. I assume I'm not the
only one willing to install ruby-dev am I ?

Is there some basic mistake I made ?

How can yocto even generate the package if it cannot satisfy these
dependencies by itself ?

Thanks for your help... I'm really puzzled now :(

Regards
Jay