[yocto] ruby-dev requires libcrypto which is not present ??

JC jc at vtkloud.com
Fri Sep 6 08:51:16 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to install ruby-dev (in order to be able to apply some
passenger features). Passenger requires ruby-dev

ruby-dev has indeed been built but when I'm trying to install it, I can't:

root at qemuarm:~# smart install ruby-dev
rpmdb: BDB0113 Thread/proc
Computing transaction...
error: Can't install ruby-dev-1.9.3+p194-r1.0 at armv5te: no package
provides libcrypto-dev

And of course, libcrypto-dev is _not_ present, as smart tells me. I
wonder how ruby-dev has been compiled if libcrypto is not here. Or how
can I solve the issue ? How can I make sure libcryto is also generated
(or not deleted?) during build process?

I'm working on the qemuarm device, but I'm not sure how much the problem
is bound to it or could be reproduced on other targets.

Regards
Jay