[yocto] raspberry layer

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Thu Sep 5 00:31:47 PDT 2013

On 5 September 2013 08:21, JC <jc at vtkloud.com> wrote:
> On 04/09/2013 18:46, Gary Thomas wrote:
>>
>>   git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-raspberrypi
>>
> Thanks. I checked out everything (including a "fresh" poky) and I get this
> error:
> ERROR: Error executing a python function in <code>:# | ETA:  00:00:57
> ExpansionError: Failure expanding variable MAJ_VER, expression was
> ${@oe.utils.trim_version("2.28.2", 2)} which triggered exception
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'trim_version'

That looks like a parse error so the full log shouldn't be very long
as that point, may be helpful to post it.

> my local.conf changes: just added raspberrypi machine
> bblayers.conf:
> added
>   /media/yocto/yocto/openembedded-core/meta \
>   /media/yocto/yocto/meta-raspberrypi \

The README in meta-raspberrypi states that you need meta-openembedded
as well (specifically, the meta-oe layer). I'm not sure that this is
the cause of your error though.

What branches of the different layers are you using? I just want to
make sure they're all the same. Also, what version or branch of
bitbake are you using?

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk