[yocto] raspberry layer

JC jc at vtkloud.com
Thu Sep 5 00:21:35 PDT 2013

On 04/09/2013 18:46, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2013-09-04 10:40, JC wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am maintaining a small project based on yocto and would like to
>> check to what extent I can port it to Raspberry.
>> It seems there's an ongoing rapsberry layer but I couldn't find which
>> is the right URL to point to in order to get started.
>>
>> Can someone tell me ?
>
>   git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-raspberrypi

Thanks. I checked out everything (including a "fresh" poky) and I get
this error:
ERROR: Error executing a python function in <code>:# | ETA:  00:00:57
ExpansionError: Failure expanding variable MAJ_VER, expression was
${@oe.utils.trim_version("2.28.2", 2)} which triggered exception
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'trim_version'

my local.conf changes: just added raspberrypi machine
bblayers.conf:
added
   /media/yocto/yocto/openembedded-core/meta \
   /media/yocto/yocto/meta-raspberrypi \

(i had to add meta otherwise it complained it didn't have the mesa recipe)

Any idea? Do you need the complete failure log or is this something known ?

Jay