[yocto] Server specs for a continuous integration system

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 20:47:52 PDT 2013

> On Sep 4, 2013, at 6:45 AM, Christian Gagneraud <chgans at gna.org> wrote:

>>> Hi Chris,

>>> Thanks for the info, i will have a look at RAID-1, as you can see, I know absolutely nothing about RAID! ;)
>>
>> Did you see my correction to this? I meant to say RAID 0. Sorry for the confusion.
>
> No problem, at least it forces me to look at RAID-5, RAID-1 and now RAID-0, thanks! ;)

Sorry, my setup is a RAID0 striped SSDx2 configuration as well, not RAID1. I have a 3TB standard drive for performing backup, since I can lose data anytime, if any one of the drives fail.

The cooling solution is from Corsair, and it's easy to install.

I think, CPU motherboard, SSD, RAM, case, power supply, etc was well within USD$ 1500.

The apple display was the most expensive component.

The Mac Pro, when it comes out would be a perfect build server, though, with PCIe SSD, XEON CPUs, etc.

Elvis Dowson