[yocto] Server specs for a continuous integration system

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 01:55:54 PDT 2013

>> I use a 3770K i7 quad-core processor, 16GB RAM, with a liquid cooled
>> solution running at 3.8GHz. I've overclocked the CPU to 4.5GHz, but I
>> end up shaving only 2 minutes off build times, so I just run it at 3.8GHz.
>>
>> A core-image-minimal build takes around 22 minutes for me, for a Xilinx
>> ZC702 machine configuration (Dual ARM Cortex A9 processor + FPGA).
>
> Is it a full build from scratch (cross-toolchain, native stuff, etc...)? If so, it's quite impressive to me!

Yes, it is a full build from scratch, and the core-image-minimal builds the cross tool chain, kernel and root file system. A full kernel build from scratch completes in under 1 or 2 minutes, can't remember exactly, will let u know in a while. This represents approximately 1600 tasks. A full meta-toolchain-sdk task takes about 40 minutes and executes around 3600 tasks. I'll send some precise figures later on.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson