[yocto] Fail to build core-image-minimal when MACHINE=genericx86-64

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 16:11:04 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Markus Svilans <msvilans at aeonyx.ca> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> A quick update:
>
> - The same build failure occurred when I tried "bitbake core-image-minimal"
> using a fresh poky 1.5 downloaded from the Yocto web site, with MACHINE set
> to genericx86-64.
> - The same build failure occurred when I manually created a recipe for
> syslinux 6.02 and tried to build it directly "bitbake syslinux"

its failing while building syslinux-native package and as it seems
from errors, its not building com32 bits by passing -m32
flags to compiler. Seems like you need to hack syslinux build and add
-m32 when building com32/ subdir or alternatively
remove it from build

sed -e 's,com32/\S*,,g' -i Makefile

but that may not be best thing to do.