[yocto] Deploying Yocto build images

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Thu Nov 21 05:15:27 PST 2013

Hi Diego,

On 21/11/2013 13:34, Diego Sueiro wrote:
> Stefano,
>
> This is a really great tool. I'm always developing a new software update
> tool for each new project, since there are different requirements.

That is right. I did the same in the past, until I recognize that I
waste a lot of effort.

> As I can see you are dealing with different scenarios, and this is
> really amazing.

Sure. I hope that the tool remains general enough to allow to include
scenarios that I was not able to foresee.

> I'm already cloning meta-swupdate to test it.
> Looking at recipes I realized that swupdate is initialized in an
> sysVinit environment.
> Did you plan to use systemd too?
> Maybe I can contribute to this.

Let's say that how the tool is started is open and can be easy
customized. Updating to systemd is surely nice.

One use of case I have is to not use neither sysVinit not systemd at
all. The tool is put into a initrd and it is the only task running, that
is I modified rcS to start only the tool and to speed up the booting
process. But as I said, this is only a use case.

Best regards,
Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de