[yocto] LLVM cross compiler for PowerPc

sonia verma soniaverma9727 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 01:12:53 PST 2013

Hi all,

I have ported Java based Opendaylight Controller on PowerPc board and have
integrated JAVA on the same Powerpc architecture using meta-java with
yocto.By default it cam with Zero port support which only works in
interpreter mode.

java version "1.7.0_25"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.3.12) (25b30-2.3.12)
OpenJDK Zero VM (build 23.7-b01, interpreted mode)

When I run Opendaylight.it takes approximately about 10 min for the
Controller to start properly.
However when i run it on x-86,it works fine.The Java -version at x-86 is as
follows..

java -version
java version "1.7.0_25"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.3.10) (7u25-2.3.10-1ubuntu0.12.04.2)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

I noticed that the Java mode at x-86 is mixed mode whereas at that of my
board is interpreted mode and I think this may be the reason for delay in
starting
When I enabled Shark support on the board,it resulted in LLVM compiler
missing with yocto.
Is there any other alternative to build java with shark on PowerPc.

Please help regarding this.

Thanks

Regards.
Sonia