[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue May 28 17:27:48 PDT 2013

Attendees:
Sean, AlexG, MichaelH, Corneliu, Cristian, Darren, Beth, Richard, Tom, Paul, Belen, Nitin, Bruce, Song

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.4.1 status - 5 min (Paul)
  - Patches in my queue built ok, sent to mailing list. Will be merged. One bug fix patch has been sent, about x32 key creation. Sent email to bug owners for 1.4.1 bugs. 10 bugs in the list: 2 doc bugs. A couple cannot be reproduced. 4347/4358/4518 don't have patches. Action item: RP will talk with Paul and scrub 1.4.1 bugs.
  - RC2 conflict with QA vacation. Two options: 1. pull in schedule if possible. 2. let RC2 slip a few days.
* Yocto 1.5 status - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.5_Status
  - Bugs: 290, higher than normal. The QA report has a lot of red. Darren will follow up with the bug scrub team to make sure we scrub the bugs this week. Find out if there is any problem. Darren will.is there any problem.
  - Feature development: M1 high feature 1584, to deliver a plan integrating security tools with QA automated process. RO QA team will follow up and make sure we deliver in M1.
  - Song will follow up with AlexD on webhob development.

* SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Ioana Grigoropol (Song will send email to Ioana)

* Opens - 10 min

* Team Sharing - 20 min
  - RP: spend time mostly on bitbake. Web hob, memory residing bitbake require bitbake change. Especially the cooker. Less time doing other things such as patch merging. A number of bitbake hang, do-package hanging, do not know how widespread those issues are, if people see them, please let me know. Would like to have more date points.
  - Beth: An intern starting on YP. She's going to doing some work on security.
  - Bruce: working through some non-x32 work. If someone is working on it, please let me know. Network issues, 3.4 kernel, will be working on 3.10 kernel. 3.4 - ltsi kernel, 3.8 current kernel, 3.10 dev kernel. making them work for gcc 4.8. RP: qemu arm is not booting in the QA tests. AlexG will follow up with more information.
  - MichaelH: publishing build blog will continue. Drupal conference.  Putting Linux foundation collaborative sign on our site. Getting oe list working properly. Meeting with OSL, after power upgrade, UPS is not adequate. We will move to another row. Will be some downtime for this.
  - Darren: released RC2 for Minnow BSP and firmware last week. Find a way to populate the MAC. Koen released the RC2 version of the Angstrom image going through final stage of testing. The final board is being manufactured.