[yocto] External-Sourcery-Toolchain Related Issue

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Thu May 23 19:25:05 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM, Rohit2 Jindal
<rohit2.jindal at aricent.com>wrote:

> I want to install my existing Toolchain to Yocto Sysroot bypassing default
> yocto toolchain functionality.****
>
> ** **
>
> My requirements are****
>
> ** **
>
> 1I will download toolchain from my git source ie tar file.****
>
> 2I just want to install this toolchain to tmp/sysroot folder in build
> directory skipping compilation step.****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Steps implemented****
>
> ** **
>
> 1 SRC_URI = "file:///home/toolchains_bin.tar"****
>
> 2 TCMODE="external-csl" ****
>
> 3 EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN =
> "/home/yocto/poky/build/tmp/work/mips64-poky-linux/external-sourcery-toolchain/GCC-r8/toolchains_bin/mipscross/linux"
> ****
>
> 4CSL_TARGET_SYS_mips64 = "${TARGET_ARCH}${TARGET_TC_VENDOR}-${TCTYPE}"****
>
> 5CSL_TARGET_SYS = "${TARGET_ARCH}${TARGET_TC_VENDOR}-${TCTYPE}"****
>
> 6 TARGET_PREFIX = "${CSL_TARGET_SYS_mips64}-"

The sourcery toolchain recipe pulls files from a codesourcery / mentor
graphics Sourcery G++ toolchain installed at the EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN path.
That SRC_URI will not do anything, and it expects the compiler to be
available at parse time. Basically, the tcmode and recipe for sourcery is
designed for a particular toolchain, not any random one, and is not
structured at this time to allow extraction of a toolchain binary tarball.
You'd have to customize / create your own based on the existing bits, using
them as examples.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com