[yocto] External-Sourcery-Toolchain Related Issue

Rohit2 Jindal rohit2.jindal at aricent.com
Thu May 23 00:39:22 PDT 2013

Hi,

I want to install my existing Toolchain to Yocto Sysroot bypassing default yocto toolchain functionality.

My requirements are

1I will download toolchain from my git source ie tar file.

2I just want to install this toolchain to tmp/sysroot folder in build directory skipping compilation step.

Steps implemented

1 SRC_URI = "file:///home/toolchains_bin.tar<file:///\\home\toolchains_bin.tar>"

2 TCMODE="external-csl"

3 EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN = "/home/yocto/poky/build/tmp/work/mips64-poky-linux/external-sourcery-toolchain/GCC-r8/toolchains_bin/mipscross/linux"

4CSL_TARGET_SYS_mips64 = "${TARGET_ARCH}${TARGET_TC_VENDOR}-${TCTYPE}"

5CSL_TARGET_SYS = "${TARGET_ARCH}${TARGET_TC_VENDOR}-${TCTYPE}"

6 TARGET_PREFIX = "${CSL_TARGET_SYS_mips64}-"

But when I tried to run

Build> bitbake linux (linux is recipe in my layer)

It gives me error :

ERROR: Failed to obtain CodeSourcery toolchain version: Execution of '/home/yocto/poky/build/tmp/work/mips64-poky-linux/external-sourcery-toolchain/GCC-r8/toolchains_bin/mipscross/linux/bin/mips64-nlm-linux-gcc -v' failed: command not found

ERROR: Failed to obtain CodeSourcery toolchain version: Execution of '/home/yocto/poky/build/tmp/work/mips64-poky-linux/external-sourcery-toolchain/GCC-r8/toolchains_bin/mipscross/linux/bin/mips64-nlm-linux-gcc -v' failed: command not found

and continue with the tasks executions like unpacking toolchains_bin.tar to $WORKDIR/mips64-poky-linux/.. and other linux do configure etc

Again run this recipe:

@Build>bitbake linux

NOTE. Once unpacked the toolchain to the location specified if I  again run the above recipe then this error does not come.

Please suggest me the way around to skip this error coming at the first time when I build my recipe until my toolchain is not unpacked.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Rohit Jindal

Please refer to http://www.aricent.com/legal/email_disclaimer.html
for important disclosures regarding this electronic communication.