[yocto] Adding prebuilt binaries to a BSP recipe

Steve.Scott at microchip.com Steve.Scott at microchip.com
Wed May 22 16:15:38 PDT 2013

Based upon the routerstationpro machine default, we have created a
meta-mchp-sasha layer and it works as expected meaning it boots and the
file system image works on our test hardware platform. We want to modify
the recipe for the meta-mchp-sasha layer to include two graphics
libraries that we want to give to customers as prebuilt binaries, but we
do not want to include source code. In our case, we want to include
vgraphics.ko and libVgraphics.so in the file system image. Our problem
is that we don't know how to do this, but it seems like a simple set of
two recipes and including them using IMAGE_INSTALL += "vgraphics
libvgraphics".

Assuming we know how to extract the prebuilt graphics libs from our
local git repo, what do we have to include in our Yocto project
meta-mchp-sasha layer to allow "bitbake core-image-minimal" to find the
graphics libraries and place them in the right part of the file system
image?

Thank you,

Steve Scott