[yocto] Building Custom Images- Need help

Zaif upb zaifupb at gmail.com
Tue May 7 14:51:30 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am newbie for Yocto project, please help me.

 I would like to know the process of making custom image for gumstix. I
have been through this
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.4/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#usingpoky-extend-addpkg
manual but things are not clear yet.

I can successfully build *gumstix-console-image. *I need to integrate
Gstreamer and OpenCV libraries into that image. I do not know how to
proceed.

I edited *gumstix-console-image*.bb file according to  Streaming video with
Gumstix<http://www.jumpnowtek.com/?option=com_content&view=article&id=81:gumstix-dsp-gstreamer&catid=35:gumstix&Itemid=67>as
mentioned here for Gstreamer. It breaks badly.

Any Idea how can I integrate them in my Image?

Thank You for your Help.

Regards,
Zaifupb