[yocto] SRPMs

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Tue May 7 11:34:23 PDT 2013

On 5/7/13 1:28 PM, Post, Travis wrote:
> Is it possible to create source RPMs from Yocto? If so, is there any
> documentation or guidance on how to do this? I’ve found a bug that was closed
> mentioning:
>
> INHERIT += "archive-patched-source"
>
> SOURCE_ARCHIVE_PACKAGE_TYPE = "SRPM"
>
> However, this results in an error referencing get_package. When I add: “inherit
> archiver”, this changes to an error referencing undefined variable ‘f’.

At one point we had the system so it would generate an SRPM.  But you have to
remember the SRPM is just a container, this isn't going to build something you
can bring to your favorite RPM based distribution and build.

The code would take the configure/compile/install steps and dump them into the
spec, along with references to the source and patches.  This way everything was
in one convenient place, but again -- it's not going to work standalone.

To build software for the YP, you really need to use the build environment -- or
an SDK.

--Mark