[yocto] Samba server?

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 14:44:01 PDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Paul D. DeRocco <pderocco at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Somehow, it grates on me that underscore is used almost like an
> operator in BitBake.

You're not alone!

Because the people who did this are reading this list ;-) I'll be
polite, it is clever, but even after a year of trying to get
comfortable with it, I still think it is a poor paradigm.

A variable name is a variable name and should be only a variable name.
One shouldn't have to parse a variable name to try to determine what
operations should be performed on the value of a variable in addition
to whatever external operations are requested :-)

VARIABLE_append -= "feature"

??