[yocto] Samba server?

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 27 20:10:40 PDT 2013

> From: ChenQi
>
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html
> section 5.2 Customizing Images
>
> In your case, you could add the following line to local.conf.
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append += "samba"
>
> And you can use 'bitbake -g <image_recipe_name>' to see
> whether samba is pulled in.
>
> For all docs, see https://www.yoctoproject.org/documentation/current.

Thanks for that pointer. I'll try that out.

So is there a general way to peruse the collection of recipes? Does one have
to do "ls -R *.bb" to get the list of recipes, then read the comments inside
the files to see how to use them?

And how does one know in advance which ones get included by default? Is
there some construct one looks for in the .bb file that indicates it gets
included? Or is there some master recipe that says "this depends upon this
big long list of standard recipes"?

And are any of the recipes that are included by default not actually
required, and if so, how do you un-include them if you want to pare down the
system to a bare minimum?

Or is there some master documentation that I just haven't found that lists
all the recipes in the Yocto project and gives some guidance on their use?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com