[yocto] Yocto Java support.

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Mar 19 07:57:25 PDT 2013

On Tuesday 19 March 2013 09:58:43 Florin Cristian Dan wrote:
> Ok, so in the last days, i've managest to bake my own sato-emenlow image,
> and runed it on my machine wich is a PEB2739 (Intel Atom Z510 based).I'm
> intrested now in developing some industrial applications, like different
> types of masurement gauges.  Now i wonder if yocto project has suport for
> java and how its done, as far as i am, i'have read that there would some
> meta-java layer, but i'm not sure what to do further, where to get it, and
> how the development proces would go.

The meta-java layer maintained by the OE community is here:

  https://github.com/woglinde/meta-java

You can find other layers in the OE / Yocto Project ecosystem here:

  http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/LayerIndex

For information on how to add the layer to your configuration, see the
manual:

  http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#enabling-your-layer

Cheers,
Paul