[yocto] Can't find guile-2.0

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 12 23:53:47 PDT 2013

> From: Burton, Ross
>
> On 12 March 2013 18:20, Paul D. DeRocco
> <pderocco at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> > It says "attempted 145 tasks of which 145 didn't need to be
> > rerun". So it thinks it's already there.
>
> Indeed.   Something is breaking - you'll have to mail the whole
> configure log from autogen to attempt to debug this.

One thing that I notice is that in my build/tmp/work/i686-linux, I have two
directories, autogen-native-5.12-r2 and autogen-native-5.12-r3. The first is
from my successful out-of-the-box build of a week ago; the second is from my
current failed build. What I did in between was to add the
openembedded-core/meta and meta-openembedded/meta-oe layers in order to
include Samba. The two logs deviate at line 275 where the old successful one
says "checking whether with-libguile was specified... no" and the new failed
one says "checking for i686-linux-pkg-config... no". I suspect something in
the OE stuff appended to a recipe, which is leading to the problem.

> > Or is it now confused by the fact that I installed a
> > version with apt-get? I
> > had gotten the same error message about the missing guile
> > both before and
> > after installing it with apt-get, yet apt-get did in fact
> > download and install something.
>
> Apt would have installed a guile into /usr.  I'm a bit surprised that
> it didn't find that either.  Try "bitbake pkgconfig-native" and then
> "bitbake autogen-native", maybe we've found a bootstrap bug.

Yes, apt-get put it into /usr, but there's no .pc file for it.

When I bitbaked pkgconfig-native, it was a no-op. Then, when I bitbaked
autogen-native, I got the usual error again. I also tried removing the
version of guile that I had with apt-get, and bitbaking guile-2.0 was still
a no-op, and bitbaking autogen-native still produced the error.

Also, even though bitbaking guile-2.0 was a no-op, there is no guile command
available, since I uninstalled the version I had. Or does that recipe just
produce the library, and not the executable?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com