[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Mar 12 08:41:10 PDT 2013

Attendees:
AlexD, Cristian, Michael, Jessica, LaurentiuP, JeffP, ScottR, PaulE, RossB, Nitin, Corneliu, SeanH, Song

Minutes:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto Project 1.3.1 status - 10 min (Ross)
  - RC1 QA report is good. RC2 QA report is out, will look at it. coule be releasing this week.
  - Song: will have a release readiness meeting this week if most of the folks can make it.
* Yocto 1.4 status - 10 min (Song/team)
  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.4_Status
  - Feature development: Everything is moving along. No issues. Feature freeze is coming this Sunday. Please get the code in if you would like to feature to make 1.4. Last reminder.
  - Bug fixing: record week last week. Fixed 49, Darren (6), Richard (5). Now we have 269, about the same as when we started 1.4.

* SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Andrei Dinu
* Opens - 10 min
  - 1.5 planning is starting. If you have any features or ideas, please put them in Bugzilla as enhancement bugs.
* Team Sharing - 20 min
  - AlexD: debugging qemu program with vmware emulation, Any input, feedback please let me know.
  - Cristian: worked on build appliance. Noticed a problem, if the user runs in vmware and using a proxy, the NAT will not connect the internet. Fix is to modify the configuration. Sent experimental patches for bluz5. the integration of bluz5 could be good for 1.5.
  - MichaelH: looked at mailing list issue. Some people receiving emails 7 hours after. Done some changes how plc(?) handshake is done, DNS changes, etc. having better response now. Thinking moving the mail server to a dedicated machine. If you are still seeing slowdown for emails, let me know. Working on charts generation this week. Will be working with Laurentiu. Could be replacing the bug trend charts. AB upgrade is happening. The code is getting close to be functional. Will do some test this weekend. Will be some outage this Friday to Sunday. Will be separating Intel build AB from YP AB. They will be decoupled. That means if other companies want AB to be there they won't need to be tightly coupled. Added a new server for OE to run the layer index web app done by PaulE.