[yocto] Makefile package missing

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Mar 12 08:17:06 PDT 2013

On 12 March 2013 08:07, Saridakis, Dean   (US SSA)
<dean.saridakis at baesystems.com> wrote:
> I have a recipe for a set of simple user applications I need on the rootfs.
> However, my application package was only built w/ -dev & -dbg suffixes
> (whereas it looks like everything else also has a 3rd package w/o any
> suffix).

You're installing into /usr/local/bin but not adding those files into
the package using FILES_${PN}.  The default value of that will pick up
most relevant files in the prefix, but you're not installing into the
prefix (if you uncommented the my_bindir=${bindir} line, this should
work).

It's best to always respect the distro policy and use the variables
such as bindir, datadir, libdir.  You're files will go to the right
places and the default FILES_* variables will be used.

Ross