[yocto] systemd timeouts started daemons

Jukka Rissanen jukka.rissanen at linux.intel.com
Tue Mar 12 03:31:08 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have a weird problem with systemd. It starts a daemon then kills it
after a 30 second timeout.

Mar 12 08:50:19 eca connmand[970]: Connection Manager version 1.12
Mar 12 08:51:49 eca systemd[1]: connman.service operation timed out.
Terminating.
Mar 12 08:51:49 eca connmand[970]: Terminating

I am seeing this behaviour at least with connman, bluez and ofono.
I can start the daemons from command line (as a root) and they work just
fine. I can connect to connman via dbus and it can properly connect to
ethernet etc.

When connman tries to activate bluez, following is printed

Mar 12 08:50:19 eca dbus[941]: [system] Activating service
name='org.bluez' (using servicehelper)
Mar 12 08:50:19 eca dbus[941]: [system] Activated service 'org.bluez'
failed: Launch helper exited with unknown return code 1

Usually also connman-vpnd cannot be started, but in this run it was
activated successfully

Mar 12 08:50:19 eca dbus[941]: [system] Activating service
name='net.connman.vpn' (using servicehelper)
Mar 12 08:50:19 eca dbus[941]: [system] Successfully activated service
'net.connman.vpn'

So it looks there is something fishy with dbus.

I am pretty sure this was working something like a month ago, but cannot
really point out what version I had at that time.

Currently I am using latest yocto + oe from git.

Any pointers / ideas what is wrong here?

Cheers,
Jukka