[yocto] Can't find guile-2.0

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 12 02:28:53 PDT 2013

I'm bitbaking a console image for an Atom, which worked when I did a plain
vanilla version. Now I've added the OpenEmbedded layer containing Samba, and
it's failing on one thing. The error message points me to a 5000-line log
file called
build/tmp/work/i686-linux/autogen-native-5.12-r3/temp/log.do_configure.5923,
and it seems to be getting errors looking for Guile. The configure script
says this:

 configure:14911: checking for LIBGUILE
 configure:14918: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "guile-2.0"
 Package guile-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
 Perhaps you should add the directory containing `guile-2.0.pc'
 No package 'guile-2.0' found

and then finishes up with this:

 configure:14966: error: Package requirements (guile-2.0) were not met:
 No package 'guile-2.0' found
 Alternatively, you may set the environment variables LIBGUILE_CFLAGS
 and LIBGUILE_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I used apt-get to install guile-2.0. There is a file called
/usr/lib/libguile-2.0.so.22 (not sure what the .22 means), so it looks like
I have the library. However, there is no .pc file for it in
/usr/lib/pkgconfig, or anywhere else that I can see. I'm new to Linux, so I
don't know if this is an improperly installed library or what. Anyone have
any insight?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com