[yocto] Fwd: How do I control what kernel modules are being loaded?

Eric Bénard eric at eukrea.com
Mon Mar 11 06:49:00 PDT 2013

Hi Bruce,

Le Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:37:44 -0400,
Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield at windriver.com> a écrit :
> Can you post your exact changes where we can see them ? You need to put
> the module_autload variable in a .conf file, whether that be your
> local.conf, your machine.conf or you distro configuration file (which
> it appears that you are doing), but you also must have the name of
> the module package correct, and the module needs to be part of your
> IMAGE_INSTALL, since the code fragment I pasted above is from the
> post installation fragment created for the various module packages
> as they are created.
>
> i.e. I have this in a .conf file:
>
>     module_autoload_nfsd = "nfsd"
>
> To ensure that the nfsd .ko is loaded on boot, when the module is built
> and present on the rootfs.

I think the problem is that this works when building modules inside the
kernel (module_autoload is handled in kernel.bbclass), but not when
building a module with its own recipe (using module.bbclass) as Hans
is doing, that's why I previously told him to "get inspiration from
kernel.bbclass to do the same thing in your recipe".

Thinking again to this (after pressing send of course ;-) : Or maybe he
needs to build again its kernel after setting module_autoload_hismodule
= "hismodule" so that the module name gets handled by the kernel
recipe ?

Eric