[yocto] Licencing OpenSource fonts

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Fri Mar 8 02:18:58 PST 2013

Sorry if this is off-topic for this list, but I'm hoping that someone on here may be able to help with a licensing question.

I am working on a document which is to be published using the Google 'Open Sans' font. This is licensed under an Apache Licence.

The licence lists all the 'usual' things to do when distributing / modifying the font, but it doesn't say what to do if the font is used.

We plan to add something like "This document was typeset using OpenSans; this font is distributed under the terms of the Apache licence — see www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html" to the acknowledgements section of the document. Would we need to go further than this?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com