[yocto] uboot.bin and rootfs but not uImage

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 00:46:13 PST 2013

On Mar 3, 2013, at 4:12 AM, Satya Swaroop DAMARLA <swaroop at weisser.at> wrote:

> hi Rudy, hi guys
>
> Thank you for the chnages to be made. I always do in two steps, I fetch all and then compile the image...
> After fetching then I renamed the file to defconfig. but can you tell where should I add "do_fetch_append". Should I add in linux-skidata.bbappend (if here where should this append file should be?) or in linux-skidata.bb itself?
>
> An other important question is how does the kernel decide about the device compiler tree... I have several device tree compilers and I want to know which parameter is used to and where should this parameter be placed so that the kernel and uboot use the right device tree compiler. I think this would end my troubles on the whole and I can start playing witht the kernel in the near future :)

for device tee you would

require recipes-kernel/linux/linux-dtb.inc

in your kernel recipe and then in your machine config
data define KERNEL_DEVICETREE = "${S}/git/.…."
this is the path to dts file and you can have more than
one fie each separated by a space in above definition
resulting dtb files will show up in deploy_dir

HTH

-Khem