[yocto] Problem with core-image-sato-enemlow

Sean Liming sean.liming at annabooks.com
Wed Mar 6 09:02:28 PST 2013

I ran into the same issue with an Intel Atom E6xx platform. Intel Atom
processors have two video outputs - LCD or VGA. The graphics driver can be
configured for dual (cloned) output or individual output.  The video driver
from the BSP is most likely setup for LCD-only output, which is why you are
getting a blank screen on the VGA output.

For my E6xx platform, the solution was to use the MEGD tools to create a
driver for dual output -
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intelligent-systems/intel-embedded-me
dia-and-graphics-driver/emgd-for-intel-atom-systems.html, and then editing
the MEGD recipe that was in the BSP to include the custom driver. I am not
sure what driver is being used in the enemlow BSP for the Z5xx processor.

I post the driver and recipe changes used in the book shortly -
http://www.annabooks.com/Book_OSSATOM.html

Regards,

Sean Liming

Owner