[yocto] uboot.bin and rootfs but not uImage

Satya Swaroop DAMARLA swaroop at weisser.at
Sat Mar 2 07:37:08 PST 2013

Hi Bruce and Hi Rudy,

You are right and it works until it failes at the do_configure. Suggestions
please. Here is the file for linux-skidata.bb

DESCRIPTION = "Skidata Linux Kernel"
SECTION = "kernel"
LICENSE = "GPLv2"

LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://COPYING;md5=d7810fab7487fb0aad327b76f1be7cd7"

PV = "3.2"

inherit kernel

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:${THISDIR}/${PN}/patches:"

# GIT repository location
KSRC ?= "/home/damarla/linux-nvidia.git"

# Branch to check out
KBRANCH ?= "remotes/origin/tamonten/l4t"

# Revision tag or AUTOREV
SRCREV ?= "${AUTOREV}"

SRC_URI = "git://${KSRC};protocol=file;branch=${KBRANCH};name=kernel \
           file://skidata-carrier_defconfig \
           "

COMPATIBLE_MACHINE = "skidata-carrier"

S = "${WORKDIR}/linux-nvidia-skidata"

The following is the error. I just need some suggestions. and other thing
is there are several device tree compilers. Please tell me the variable and
where to place it for the specific dts file to be used..

ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (see
/home/damarla/yocto/poky/buildSkidata/tmp/work/skidata_carrier-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-skidata/3.2-r0/temp/log.do_configure.29911
for further information)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/home/damarla/yocto/poky/buildSkidata/tmp/work/skidata_carrier-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-skidata/3.2-r0/temp/log.do_configure.29911
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing python function sysroot_cleansstate
| DEBUG: Python function sysroot_cleansstate finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure
| NOTE: make oldconfig
| make: *** No rule to make target `oldconfig'.  Stop.
| ERROR: oe_runmake failed
| ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (see
/home/damarla/yocto/poky/buildSkidata/tmp/work/skidata_carrier-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-skidata/3.2-r0/temp/log.do_configure.29911
for further information)
ERROR: Task 766 (/home/damarla/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-kernel/linux/
linux-skidata.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'

Thanks a million

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield at windriver.com