[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project 1.4 M4 release readiness discussion

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 13:53:24 PST 2013

On Fri, Mar 01, 2013 at 08:01:17PM +0000, Liu, Song wrote:
> Attendees:
> AlexG, ThaddeusL, Cristian, Dave, Richard, Jessica, Nitin, Song
>

> Release criteria review:
> Please see the wiki page:  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.4_Status#Milestone_4<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.4_Status>
>
> 1.      All release criteria has been reviewed. M4 met all the criteria.
> 2.      Highlights:
> a.      12% performance increase on overall build time. Cut the rootfs build time with sstate on by half.
> 3.      Issues:
> a.      The # of bugs seems high. Plan: Bug triage team is doing a round of triage for all medium+ and medium bugs to focus the team on fixing the right set of bugs. The team will focus more on bugs for the rest of the release.
> b.      Dave: not enough CCB members present in this meeting. Cannot approve the release.
>
> Decision: Song will follow up with Dave and the CCB to get approval for the release.

I think it would be good to finish discussion in thread
[OE-core] RFE: make the init manager an image feature (again)
and resolve systemd situation asap, otherwise we're risking
meta-openembedded release or quality of such release.

meta-systemd is broken for >month so people cannot even test it
with current master and couple of important meta-oe developers are
against changing meta-systemd so it gets compatible with current oe-core
but breaks their use-case and also there is no plan for upgrade path
from danny+meta-systemd to Yocto-Project_v1.4 release.

Stalling that discussion till milestone 5 or 6 won't help resolving it
to work for everybody.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com