[yocto] poky-extras

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Fri Jun 28 05:52:01 PDT 2013

On 13-06-28 04:51 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> Hi Bruce/Darren,
>
> My attention was drawn to the existence of poky-extras. This was really
> a short term gap filling repository and I think the time has come to
> remove it. There are basically two chunks of code in there.
>
> The meta-linaro pieces in there haven't been touched in two years and
> are therefore dead. I think we should delete them to alleviate any
> confusion.
>
> The kernel pieces have been touched more recently. Some moved into the
> core, mostly its just example boiler plate type code now. I think this
> needs moving to a better named repository if its still wanted/useful, or
> we delete it. I personally don't have a strong preference.
>
> Can someone take care of sorting this out?

I can take care of finding it a new home. I use the repo daily, and keep
bumping it with examples with each new kernel update or release. I was
working on some urlremapper code for the layer, to replace the old
boiler plate "uncomment this" examples that are current in the recipes ..
that work has been backgrounded, but I can pick it up again as part
of relocating the changes.

I'm out of the office for the next week and a half, but can have a look
after that. Does that timeframe work ?

Bruce