[yocto] poky-extras

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Jun 28 01:51:24 PDT 2013

Hi Bruce/Darren,

My attention was drawn to the existence of poky-extras. This was really
a short term gap filling repository and I think the time has come to
remove it. There are basically two chunks of code in there.

The meta-linaro pieces in there haven't been touched in two years and
are therefore dead. I think we should delete them to alleviate any
confusion.

The kernel pieces have been touched more recently. Some moved into the
core, mostly its just example boiler plate type code now. I think this
needs moving to a better named repository if its still wanted/useful, or
we delete it. I personally don't have a strong preference.

Can someone take care of sorting this out?

I did notice there is an empty checksums.ini file in there!

Cheers,

Richard