[yocto] Layer input

Rifenbark, Scott M scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com
Thu Jun 27 06:34:17 PDT 2013

Jerrod,

I looked at the various folder names in the meta-intel layer, which has many BSP layers.  After looking at these, you are right in that <name> could probably better described a <recipe> since all the *.bb and *.bbappend files have as a root name the recipe.  So I changed them.  The specifically-named recipes-* directories follow the BSP layout guidelines described in the BSP manual.  Granted, not all BSP layers have them all.  One option is to just show them in the figure as recipes-* and then describe them in the supporting text as possibly being recipes-core, recipes-kernel, recipes-graphics, and recipes-bsp.  You can run yocto-layer after you source oe-init-build-env script.  The script itself lives in poky/scripts.

Finally, bblayers.conf appears as part of the user configuration figure.  You have a valid point about bblayers.conf though because it does directly affect BitBake finding the layers, which are the point of this particular diagram.  I altered the figure to include an abbreviated version of the "Build Directory" so that it just shows conf/bblayers.conf.  The supporting text around the figure can describe the relationship and also note that a different figure breaks out the user configuration input in more detail.

Scott