[yocto] eclipse error in downloading file when trying to debug on the actual target

Thanassis Silis djnass_18 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 15 09:40:42 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,I created a "hello world" ADT C application (basically following the PDM http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#application-development-workflow )
The guide gives directions to run the built application in a qemu instance. However, this fails.  The reason seems to be related to the imx6 uImage. https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-freescale/2012-December/000360.htmlso I didn't try to much to play around with qemu and switched to try and do debugging directly on the board (the real target).
I presume paragraph 4.2.2.6. is the same for both cases (qemu vs real target) - only in step 10, i provided the real targets ip address (I can ssh to this address without any problem and indeed connect to my target board - a freescale imx6q sabrelite board).
When I press debug however, this msg pops up:
"Launching <projectname>_gdb_armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi" has encountered an error.
and the details are:
Error during file upload.Connection refusedConnection refusedConnection refused
any idea about what could cause this error?
Thank you for your help