[yocto] sstate-cache and local files causing invalidation

Jate Sujjavanich Jate.Sujjavanich at myfuelmaster.com
Fri Jun 14 15:53:51 PDT 2013

I am attempting to set up a shared sstate-cache directory. I added a SSTATE_MIRROS So far, it seems that recipes with local files in the SRC_URI are triggering a rebuild. The filename/checksum is stored with the filename as the full local path. Running bitbake-sigdiff on the fetch stamps yields similar results:

${POKY_CACHE}/poky/meta/recipe-devtools.../a.patch ...removed
${POKY_BUILD}/poky/meta/recipe-devtools.../a.patch ...added

Forgive that I don't have the exact output in front of me right now.

I believe it needs to store the path local to the recipe when saving the filename and checksum. Am I doing this right, and is this a bug?